|The Ms Full Figured HBCU Pageant™ Registration is open to all students who attend Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). The pageant will focus on your intelligence as well as your sense of style.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be anatomically born a female
- Attend a Historically Black College or University
- Must be currently enrolled full time (12 or more credits) at said university
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be in good standing with your university (current clear financial aid status, clear school record, no suspension from any campus organization)
- Wear a dress size of 14-24; there is no height requirement but contestants must be proportioned
- Have some runway experience
- Be comfortable with your body and have a great sense of style and energy
There is no fee to audition. If you are selected to compete the entrance fee for the pageant is $300. The fee is payable in three (3) installments via money order or PayPal. Your first installment will be due 7-10 days after you’ve been selected to compete in the pageant. The final balance is due one month before the pageant date. Entrance fees or any portion of the fee paid are NON-REFUNDABLE.
In order to be considered a contestant for The Ms Full Figured HBCU Pageant™ you must submit two (2) photos (a head shot and full body shot) as well as a MANDATORY video clip via YouTube. You should upload your video clip to www.YouTube.com and send us the URL to the YouTube.com page in the space provided on the application below.
Here are some tips to submitting your photos:
- Models must submit 2-3 photos MAXIMUM (One photo MUST be a head shot and the other a FULL body shot)
- Photos must be no larger than 5 megabytes.
- Please make sure your photographs are CLEAR, IN FOCUS, PROPERLY ROTATED and your face is free of accessories/obstructions (i.e. sunglasses, body paint, etc.) in your photos.
- Please make sure that YOU are the ONLY person in the photographs you submit.
- Self Portraits & Photographs taken from camera phones are not acceptable
- Sexually suggestive and provocative photos will NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Tips for Submitting Your Video
- Please keep your video short and to the point (no longer than 3-5 minutes in length).
- Please state your name, age, classification, and University you attend.
- Please make sure that you are THE ONLY person in the video you submit.
- Please check the lighting on your camera and make sure that your video is well lit.
- Please make sure that your cameraperson pans up & down and captures your entire body in the frame as you are walking.
- Please make sure that your video captures you walking both towards and away from the camera
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. Will I be required to sell tickets to be in the pageant?
All contestants will be responsible for selling ten (10) tickets per contestant. However, for every 10 tickets you sell you will receive one (1) complimentary ticket. Tickets to the event are $30. Due to Commonwealth of Virginia laws tickets will not be sold at the door. All ticket monies must be received 2 weeks prior to the date of the pageant.
2. Will I be responsible for supplying my own garments?
Yes, there will be three segments in which you will need to provide clothing. However, you will only be judged on 2 segments:
a. Opening Segment (Top with your school logo, Denim bottom – You will NOT be judged in this category)
b. Urban chic – Creative, funky urban wear
c. Evening Wear – All contestants must wear evening gowns for this segment, Black gowns are not allowed)
3. How will I know if I’ve been selected to compete?
If you have been selected to compete, you will receive an email within 5-7 business days of your submission. NOTE: once you receive confirmation that you have been selected to compete in the pageant you must submit your first deposit of your entrance fee within 7-10 business days of being selected.
4. What are the prizes?
We are currently working on the prize list. Here is the prize list as of now:
- 1st Place (WINNER)
$1,000 Scholarship Award
*** Winner will receive two (2) tickets to both the Friday Indie Designer and Saturday Boutiques & Retailers fashion shows at Full Figured Fashion Week® 2014 in New York City.
- 2nd Place (1st Runner Up)
$500 Scholarship Award
- 3rd Place (2nd Runner Up)
$250 Scholarship Award
5. How do I enter the pageant?
Fill out the application below, upload your photos and video clip in the space
required, and press the “enter now” button.
Please Do Not Submit ANY Payments Until You Have Been Notified That You Have Been Selected To Participate. When The Selection Process Has Been Completed, You Will Receive An Email Directing You Where To Send Your Payment And Choice of Payment Method.